Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Personal issues

Not that I've never shared a detail with friends about my modest exploits over the years, but recently resigned California Assemblyman Mike Duvall learned a very valuable lesson about not oversharing and being cautious near a hot mic:

For those of you not wanting to watch it all, OC Weekly provides some of married, 54-year old, totally overweight and unattractive Duvall's raunchy ramblings, which he obviously didn't know were being recorded:

She wears little eye-patch underwear.... So, the other day she came here with her underwear, Thursday. And
 so, we had made love Wednesday a lot! And so she'll, she's all, 'I am going up and down the stairs, and you're dripping out of me!' So messy!"

Make sure to puke away from the keyboard.

Also, it reminds me of a memorable (to me, at least) riff from Dave Chappelle. To paraphrase, Chappelle jokes that some white men are loath to tell you their political leanings but not so tight-lipped about the intimate details from their personal life. I've known enough white men in my life to know this isn't true for everyone - or even most of everyone, let alone Duvall - but the joke seems apropos this evening:



Also, there was some sort of health care speech this evening. Oliver Willis echoes my thoughts.

No comments: