Monday, August 31, 2009

Free Period: Your Monday Random-Ass Roundup

Four years after Hurricane Katrina carved a path of destruction from Texas to Alabama, we still can't know what sor of future awaits those devastated areas along the Gulf Coast. What we do know is that there is a lot of work left to be done. If you're interested, Leigh at Poverty in America is keeping track of some of the recovery efforts:


Late as usual, we've posted Your Monday Random-Ass Roundup over at PostBourgie. Some of the items for this week: more about Katrina, more about the fallen Liberal Lion of the Senate, more about health care, Moscow's problem with black and African people, our national bias against the overweight, OutKast is No. 1 and some classic MJ.

Hope you all enjoy. I was playing hurt this week.

Weird side note: I finally defriended someone on Facebook, saving myself from needless political aggravation when I go trolling through my friend's profiles and pictures. It was sort of liberating. I might even do it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unfriending is sometimes necessary, lol. i've only done it a few times, but it saves me the aggravation of listening to someone's rants all the time. and Katrina...whew. i was in Miss. at the time. unforgettable.

Bougie Applebum said...

Defriending a perp is actually very liberating. I did it to a few people, I didn't like the negative energy as they ranted every day about the opposite sex. At first I started getting irritated then it clicked to me - there's power in the delete button. Ah yes, sweet victory.

Gonna miss the Liberal Lion - that's for sure. New Orleans might never be the same. And Moscow and blacks? Well I have to check that one out.