Sunday, December 14, 2008

Auto out-of-Tune

If Kanye West is really going to be the "voice of this generation," he's probably going to need to work on his, um, voice.

Given the quality of his previous three albums, I'm willing to allow him a mulligan for last night's performance on "Saturday Night Live." But I truly hope this Auto-Tune stuff is just a phase. A short one.



But for those folks surprised at how most Auto-Tuners sound in an actual live performance, clearly they haven't seen the debacle that was T-Pain's rendition of Keith Sweat's "I Want Her" at a VH1 hip-hip awards show.

Dreadful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly thought there was something wrong with the sound on my TV. That was just awful.

Knockout Ed said...

Wow, that's really, really bad. Please make it stop 'Yeezy.

blackink said...

I felt bad for him, like one of those kids whose parents forced them to sing at the Apollo even though they're awful.

I hope he's getting all this out of his system.