Thursday, December 18, 2008

Could it be things were all so simple?

So, I've been sitting in the auto repair shop for the second time in two weeks. That generally sucks. But it's not so bad this time.

Someone in this place has been straight '90s jammin'. In one 10-minute block or so, I've heard Al B. Sure's "Rescue Me," Lisa Lisa & The Cult Jam's "Wonder If I Take You Home," Tony Terry's "Lovey Dovey," and Juicy's "Sugar Free."

Just reminds me that I really, really need to get my iTunes game right. And that, man, I really miss the ol' days:





How could anyone ever forget about Full Force?

UPDATE: By the way, I had a crazy crush on Lisa Lisa back in the day. You've got no idea.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a hot soundtrack they have going on. And I love that youtube clip!

blackink said...

Yeah, the tunes were nice. Still hope I don't have to go back in the near future.

And how can you not love House Party?

avery said...

a.j. johnson was the truth in that movie. i still feel some kinda way that she didn't get to be as big as tisha campbell.

blackink said...

Absolutely. A.J. Johnson was/is hella nice. I always preferred her over Tisha Campbell.

She looked damn-near the same in "Baby Boy" a few years later, too.

Librachick said...

That's true - she hasn't aged much at all. I's amazing. Meanwhile, oh my GAWD you took me back with those clips.

I LOVED House Party 1 and 2 (and wasn't there a 3? When Play got married?) And Lisa Lisa and Full Force are like the essentials of a 80s R&B soundtrack, in my opinion, lol, along with Whodini and Force MDs (Remember them? "Love is a House") Dang times were so fun and simple then...

blackink said...

I'm actually trying to forget that House Party 3 ever happened. No Robin Harris, no Tisha Campbell, no Martin Lawrence. Not funny. Ugh.

And, to think: they actually made a House Party 4 without K&P.

Librachick said...

Wow, they did a House Party 4?? I don't blame K&P for passing on that one, lol. Folks really need to know when to say when...