Monday, April 27, 2009

Stop the vote

This excerpt from the weekend endorsements over at PostBourgie:

Over the past couple of days, I have received (at this point) five e-mails asking me to vote in a MSNBC online poll that will assess a cumulative grade to President Obama over his first 100 days.

“Republicans are flooding it with ‘F’ votes,” the e-mails state. So I assume the senders want me to give Obama an “A.”

But I’m not so inclined.

The whole exercise seems silly. In fact, I wish people would allow Republicans or real Americans or whomever to flood the poll with “F” votes. I’d love to tune in to MSNBC next week and see someone like Contessa Brewer soberly report that 85 percent of the voters gave our president a failing grade.

And then what? Does that mean McCain gets to move into the White House? Does the South get to secede? Will Obama supporters be forced to start teabagging each other?

Probably not.

That’s because the only poll numbers that mattered came in on Nov. 4. So please, refrain from rocking the vote.

2 comments:

KST said...

Laura Ingraham is going to be very happy with you for not voting!

blackink said...

Ha. I'm sure she will. Then I guess the Republicans win. Or not.