Saturday, May 2, 2009

School tase

Of course this happened in Florida:

It was "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day" at the Franklin Correctional Institution, and Sgt. Walter Schmidt wanted to give the kids an idea of what their parents do.

So he took out a handheld stun device and zapped them with 50,000 volts of electricity.

The children, whose ages are not available, reportedly yelped in pain, fell to the ground and grabbed red burn marks on their arms. One was taken to a nearby hospital.

And then this happened:

Schmidt was terminated after 14 years with the Department of Corrections.

"It wasn't intended to be malicious, but educational," Schmidt said. "The big shock came when I got fired."

Goes to show, stupid is hard to unlearn.

3 comments:

Bougie Applebum said...

LOL. You had me laughing at the "Frankling Correctional Institution" part. I had a feeling (no pun on the zapper) that something crazy was about to happen. I was wrong. It was something stupid. lol. I shouldn't laugh, I hope the kids are okay. The mentality of some people cracks me up. I'm sure Schmidt thought this was an ideal demonstration. Did he try it on his kids as well???? That's what I'd like to know.

Kia said...

Alec Baldwin's 30 Rock character said Florida is America's Australia (in reference to the crazy/criminal element).

And last week's New Yorker has a piece on all the crazy exotic animals that are populating down there, untethered and unchecked...

My lovely father in law lives in central FL and I spend a lot of time there so my sympathies always go out to the sane (and seemingly minority) population who live there!

KST said...

As a mom, I am horrified.
As a mom with a really
inappropriate sense of humor, I find this scarily amusing.