Friday, August 21, 2009

Free Period: Friday Random/Genius Ten

My friend and blogmate Shani-o was good enough to take on the chore of posting the Friday Random/Genius Ten at PostBourgie yesterday since I was buried under a pile of assignments.

But this is a time to rejoice. Soon, the streets and stores and my gym in particular will be free of annoying children and teenagers. The start of school is upon us, people!

Thus, this week's theme for the list was songs that reminded us of first-day clothes, JanSport backpacks and Five-Star notebooks. My submissions for the week: Back to Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul; Git Up Git Out by Outkast; I Missed the Bus by Kris Kross.

And as a completely unrelated bonus, let me suggest House of Flying Daggers by Raekwon featuring Inspectah Deck, Method Man and Ghostface Killah.

In retrospect, the one thing I don't miss about school is going to school. Everything else was cool, though.

No comments: