Monday, August 17, 2009

Free Period

Questions, questions, questions: Now that I’m boycotting Whole Foods, where will I buy overpriced organic produce and choose from 30 varieties of bottled green tea? Do you think Tom DeLay can pull off the Tootsie Roll or the Cabbage Patch? And how long until a gunfight breaks out at one of those town halls?

Unfortunately, we’ll probably find out the answers to all of these soon enough:



Late as usual, we've (my fault, really) finally posted Your Monday Random-Ass Roundup over at PostBourgie.

This week, we've got a veritable gumbo of items: more about health care; California's failing prison system; some talk about reverse discrimination; a Bollywood star who gets racially profiled; Daddy's Girls; and the amazing Usain Bolt, among other things.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usain Bolt is half cougar. I'm sure of it. Freaking amazing!

blackink said...

Dude is half man, half amazing and 100 percent Jamaican (to borrow a line from my blogmate Shani-o).

I've been a serious track fan for the past 20 years. When I was a kid, Ben Johnson ran a 9.79 and it absolutely blew my mind. And he was so full of steroids, that he was a virtual walking lab experiment.

We used to joke then that only a machine could cover 100 meters in anything less than 9.7. And Bolt has done it with ease.

It's unbelievable.

esquire said...

How scary is the guns at town hall meetings man? I am writing something today about it. The natural progression of the right wing scare tactics is happening right in front of us.

How long before one of these nutjobs decides its time to really go out and "get their country back?"