Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in lists

One of my favorite and least favorite parts about the end of the year are the various and sundry countdown lists. I can't stand them; I can't stop reading them.

Here's a few that caught my eye in the past few days:

The 19 worst Americans, Michael Tomasky.
The 10 worst media moments, The Huffington Post.
Ten worst media blunders, Politico.com.
The best and worst sex scandals, Gawker.
The 10 worst sports predictions, Real Clear Sports.
Ten fads that need to go away in 2009, That's So Fetch.
The 10 best couples of 2008, The Frisky
Top 10 ethics scandals, MotherJones.
The 10 worst commercials of 2008, Digital Labz.
The best and worst of 2008, The Daily Beast.
The top 10 worst moments in black music, SoulBounce.com.
The top 10 worst music videos of 2008, spike.com.
The 10 best hip-hop mixtapes of 2008, New York Magazine.

Feel free to send me links to any list I might have missed.

And, appropriately enough, that should be my last post of '08. Everyone be safe out there tonight, and I'll see you in 2009. Hopefully, we all have bigger and better things in store in the new year.

No comments: