Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Palin's transparency problem

As a reporter, issues of transparency are especially important to me and my colleagues. We're almost always in search of information that other folks, usually public figures, don't want us to have.

So, it's with great interest that I read this item from ABC's Jake Tapper about Sarah Palin's apparent transparency problem.

Nothing she's done in Alaska really surprises me. In fact, I'm rarely surprised at the efforts that politicians go to withhold information from the public - I assume it's something they start to learn on Day One. But, obviously, I find it disturbing.

And I might note that it sounds an awful lot like the group of folks who currently occupy the White House. Once again, Palin and Co. seem to be offering more of the same.

No comments: