Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quote of the Day

"I was like I want to do something a little different. And I had this chick laying with me, and this girl was like POP, SWWWIIIP, POW! That's ... that’s what I like. So we just did a song about it. And the next thing I know I was standing on top of a 30-foot ass, singing about asses."

Sir Mix-A-Lot, explaining the origins of his ode to women like Flo Jo on the aforementioned VH1 Hip Hop show. Honestly, homeboy really opened things up for thick girls. We should all be grateful. J-Lo, Beyonce, Kim K and legions of others had it easier from that moment forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO at that quote!

blackink said...

It was absolute video gold. Sir Mix came up with a gem.

I could damn near envision him coming up with the idea for the song.