Sunday, August 9, 2009

Free period

Today is just a lazy Sunday, which is probably not a great thing since I had to work this morning and afternoon. And I'm doing a lot more reading than writing, which is probably a great thing since I'm much better at the former than the latter.

Anyway, here's a few housecleaning notes:

1. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the "Continue Reading" tab disappear for posts that don't need it. I suck with HTML (and computers in general), so this might be an ongoing problem for awhile. If you've got any tips, please share them.

2. Speaking of my sucky computer skills, I have some ideas for how to improve this site but I obviously can't afford a professional on a journalist's salary. Which means I gotta go for dolo. You might have noticed that I recently added my Twitter feed in the right column. I think the subhead needs some work. You all have any ideas? I've heard from a few folks that they want me to re-do the blog list to include the title of the most-recent post. That all? Speak up if you'd like to see something.

3. I'm still working on that to-do list, believe it or not. The Plaxico Burress post idea has sort of morphed though ... I think it's gonna be a list of players who probably should have become Hall-of-Fame worthy but didn't. He's on the list.

4. If you have a minute, please go here and vote for PostBourgie in the Best Political/News blog category. Should we win, there's a slim chance that we might get to go to the Black People's Awards. I want that Pookie.

5. A few hip-hop related notes: I mentioned on Twitter that I think Drake might be in the conversation of top five active hip-hop artists. For real; I recently discovered that the name of the rapper who performed "Pistol Grip Pump" is Volume 10. That is all; If I could redo that list of my favorite diss tracks, I would definitely include UNLV/Bad Ass Yellow Boy's "Drag Em Thru The River" that was directed at Mystikal. A terrible oversight; Check out Ave's list of his favorite 15 ATCQ songs. It deserves a response, and I'll have one soon.

That's all for now. More later.

2 comments:

Jack T. said...

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/29557516/artist_to_watch_2009_drake

blackink said...

Yeah. Homie is nice. I think, at least looking at the debate I had about him, that too many people think being popular precludes you from being genuinely talented.

I've found his lyrics to be more thoughtful than I would have expected.