Friday, November 21, 2008

Luxuriating in the Deliciousness

After one of my homeboys put me on to the provocative documentary "Street Fight" a couple years ago, I became a huge fan of Newark Mayor Cory Booker.

Maybe not enough to actually move to Brick City. But I believe that if we - the people - ever elect a second black president, Booker could be the guy (getting ahead of myself, eh?). There's actually been some talk that Booker could be in the running for a spot in President Obama's administration.

Anyway, Mayor Booker made an appearance last night on "The Colbert Report" and acquitted himself very well. He swatted away that ridiculous notion of a mythical "post-racial America" and even brought a little funny to the show. Which is no small feat, given Colbert's, uh, quirky interview style.

No comments: