Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What I Decided

As a half-hearted tribute to one of the First Lady's favorite songs of the moment, I thought I'd run through a quick list of decisions that I made during my three-day hiatus from blogging.

Sure, this is a copout of sorts. But I've got a lot on my mind and not a lot of time to share it all. I'm moving forward, dig?:
  1. I decided that President Bush is the worst kind of frat boy. New Orleans or Baton Rouge, eh? Someday, I hope that history makes him own his failure and his appalling indifference.

  2. I decided that Sarah Palin should have a camera trained on her at all times. 24-7. It has all the makings of a Fellini-esque comedy.

  3. I decided, after a few minutes of deliberation, that I need some Rod-sized balls. My familiarity with Tennyson will need some work, though.

  4. I decided that I was really disappointed with "Meet The Press" this week. And I'm especially disappointed with D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty and Rep. Maxine Waters for taking part in that silly, borderline offensive segment about Prez-elect Obama and our troublesome black folks. On the flipside, I expected nothing less from Bill Cosby and Dr. Alvin Poussaint.

  5. I decided that next year I'll be rooting for only two college football teams: TCU and whoever is playing against Florida.

  6. I decided that I'll wait until I return to Tampa to watch "Notorious" with the First Lady. But I consider this as much a sacrifice as missing all four NFL playoff games this weekend.

  7. I decided that I can hardly put down Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers." If I do anything during this vacation, it's going to be completing that book.

  8. I decided that I'm already in love with the new joint from Earth, Wind & Fire featuring Raphael Saadiq. Do check it out.

  9. I decided that I can not listen to another song involving Ron Browz.

  10. I decided that I will not observe Jan. 20 as my unofficial national holiday. Sure, it's a meaningful moment in American history. But there's still much work to be done.

No comments: