Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My to-do list

To keep myself accountable, and to let you all know some of the things that I'm cooking up in the kitchen, here's a list of posts that I'm working on at the moment:

* Eminem's diss track, "The Warning," his unacceptable misogny and why I wish he would just disappear into the ether.

* Stephon Marbury's on-camera cry for help.

* My review of HBO's "Prom Night in Mississippi."

* My thoughts about Malcolm Gladwell's fascinating piece in the New Yorker about Atticus Finch, former Alabama Gov. James "Big Jim" Folsom and the limits of southern liberalism. Somehow, Sam "Bam" Cunningham and Bear Bryant figure prominently into my take on this.

* The wasted talents of Plaxico Burress.

* And, in short, why I think this woman is full of shit. (I've spent about a total of 2.5 hours debating this piece with the First Lady and my friend and PostBourgie blogmate Shani-o).

Of course, in between all of that, I'll make sure to find time for the foolishness that makes up most of this blog's content.

Don't get too impatient with me in the meantime. Here's some very necessary Slum Village to honor the memory of Baatin, who died this weekend at the age of 35.

2 comments:

Jack T. said...

Can't wait for the post on Em. I'm not one to blame one person's career on another, but Asher Roth is Eminem minus the self-reflection.

I can't wait for all of this stuff.

blackink said...

Thanks, fam. I can't wait to get all of this out of my head and onto the screen.

I've been fighting through "it" - writer's block, whatever - all week. Thankfully, I'm off today (Thursday). I hope to clear my head, turn off the TV and do some writing.

And yeah, Asher's career ended before it started, no? But he'll always have the free college concert series on lock, son.