Monday, July 28, 2008

For the Love

I would be remiss if I went another day without expressing thanks for all the love shown to The Kid and his little online project over the past couple of weeks.

Trying to reach the hearts, minds and funny bones of an invisible audience can be tough without support. I'm relieved that's not been a problem here.

I won't bother trying to list everyone in the blogosphere choir but a handful of folks deserve mention: Zen, who has been urging me to try this for a year or so now; J.P., who may not even know he's already my unpaid consultant; and UBM, one of the icons in the game and someone nice enough to include me on his prestigious blog roll.

Not to mention the Women In My Life who feed me just the right amount of soul food.

I'm deeply grateful.

Real quick:

1. I've made more than a few inside jokes about my homegirl Angel's foray into the art of column writing. But it's all in fun and shouldn't obscure the fact that she deserves much props for such an insightful piece. It's good to know that there's still some talented youngsters out there who want to be journalists.

2. I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch all of CNN's "Black in America" series from last week. The reviews, predictably, have been mixed. I'll try not to pass judgment until I can watch it in its entirety.

3. Much props to Ta-Nehisi Coates for his new blogging gig with theAtlantic.com, replacing another one of my favorites in Matthew Yglesias.

And I'm gone.

4 comments:

Zen said...

I'm caught myself reading one of you joints the other day and thinking to myself, MAN this brother can write. Dude, you are putting it all together so well. Keep at it Brah.

You will find your voice and your voice will be found. (They will hear you and put you to light. Shine)

blackink said...

Zen, being the media consumer, astute critic and thinking man that you are, that really means a lot.

Not to mention, much thanks for all the support you've offered from the very start.

It's good words like that and good friends like you that keep me going.

John P. Araujo said...

Muchas gracias to Zen for prodding you into this, because you've hit the ground running and I'm already a fan. I'll be reading.

blackink said...

J.P., aka Original Hustler, know that I sincerely appreciate the support and kind words.

And also know that you've got mine as well.