Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ugly finish awaits Favre in Tampa

Those tickets that I scored to the Bucs' preseason game on August 23 may have just gotten a lot more valuable.

But it's important to note that if Brett Favre (pictured at right) does indeed come to Tampa Bay, I think it's a recipe for disaster. And I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Between digesting Jon Gruden's voluminous playbook, winning over a locker room that had come to respect the gritty, limited Jeff Garcia and playing with an uninspiring group of skill players, Favre may be headed for a disappointing finish here in Tampa.

Then again, the end is rarely ideal for any player of Favre's stature. Otherwise it might never end.

UPDATE: So, I'm still going to the game. Guess I'll just have to settle for a quarter of Jeff Garcia as my excitement for the night.

No comments: