Monday, August 4, 2008

What's playing in my deck...

Here's a secret for all six (or seven) of my regular readers: I resort to this little staple whenever I'm in the midst of writer's block or I just need something to get the juices flowing. Tonight certainly qualifies.

Anyhoo, here's some of the stuff iTunes spit out tonight:

1. Shakara by Fela Kuti (This actually got me through a relatively serious study session this evening. Get familiar with Fela, folks).
2. Through the Fire by Chaka Khan
3. 30 Something by Jay-Z
4. That Shit by Cru (very underrated group. Da Dirty 30 is a classic).
5. Blame it on the Boogie by The Jacksons

3 comments:

John P. Araujo said...

Whenever I hit writer's block, I'll search the "Odd News" portion of the Google or Yahoo! News page and see what weird thing went on that I can comment on. Or I'll talk sports. With teams like the Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, and Dallas Cowboys, there are always plenty of things to gripe about with them!

avery said...

blame it on the boogie is that FIRE.

blackink said...

JP, if I were to hit on sports, it might actually exacerbate my "block." I've got too many incoherent opinions on sports, I tell ya.

And Avery, thanks for stopping by. People have slept on The Jacksons for far too long.