Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Good afternoon and Happy Easter, folks. I hope everyone gets to enjoy the day with family and friends.

Unfortunately, I was at work this morning and therefore unable to make it to church. But in the thoughtful words of a good friend, I'm "a son working on Resurrection Day!!! He got up so that you could get up and go to work and be productive and prosperous."

I can definitely dig that. I've certainly been blessed many times over.

Anyhow, it's a beautiful day out, sunny and warm and generally the sort of gorgeous spring day that brings people to Florida. But there's a part of me that's a little bummed about missing Easter dinner with my family in Houston.

So, to bridge the distance, I thought I'd share something from one of my mother's favorite artists. Jonathan Butler just seems appropriate, all the way around:

No comments: