Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gone eating

So, there was this debate tonight between presidential nominees Barack Obama and John McCain. The third and final one. A debate moderated by a legendary TCU alum.

And I missed it. Thus, no live-blogging.

But it was for a good cause. If you don't believe me, you should try a funnel cake topped with cherries, powdered sugar and whipped cream yourself. Not to mention a fried Twinkie and fried Oreos (pictured at right).

I'm still going through the replay of the debate (watching without benefit of a DVR sorta sucks) and, so far, I haven't seen anything that should change the outcome on Nov. 4. McCain, as usual, looked and sounded angry and resentful. Obama, as usual, looked and sounded calm and collected. I'll have more on some of this stuff later.

In all, however, I'm glad I got away from 24-hour TV news channels and my Dell - if only for an evening. The First Lady feels much the same way.

No comments: