Thursday, September 25, 2008

A B.I.G. movie

I can not wait to see this film. Also, check out this behind-the-scenes footage and the flipbook.

For a hip hop head like myself, it's hard to put into words what it's like to listen to "Ready to Die" today. It's probably something like a Boston Celtics fan watching old, grainy video of Len Bias at Maryland - potential unfulfilled, a talent gone much too soon.

Just check it out:

"I know how it feel to wake up f*cked up/Pockets broke as hell, another rock to sell/People look at you like youse the user/Selling drugs to all the losers, mad buddha abuser/But they don't know about your stress-filled day/Baby on the way, mad bills to pay/That's why you drink Tanqueray/So you can reminisce and wish, you wasn't livin so devilish."

I know what will be in my deck the rest of the day.
(as usual, hat tip to the WTF crew)

No comments: