Saturday, September 27, 2008

"I don't know that I like this."

The reaction to the First Lady of False Hustle, a native of Mississippi, upon my surprisingly joyous reaction to Ole Miss knocking off Florida in the Swamp a few minutes ago.

I can't explain it either. I don't think I've ever rooted for a team nicknamed the Rebels, let alone Stars and Bars-themed Ole Miss Rebs.

Maybe I'm just delighted to see the underdog inexplicably pull it out. Maybe I'm interested in seeing all those annoying Gators fans walk around in a daze for the rest of the week. Maybe I'm happy to see another overrated SEC team bite the dust.

Or, in the words of my old friend Matt C., maybe I'm the real "Houston Nutt."

UPDATE: Tim Tebow, uh, we won't be needing you to come to the Downtown Athletic Club this December. Thanks for your interest, though.

No comments: