Saturday, October 11, 2008

Game of the Night

LSU at Florida. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss it because of prior obligations - a birthday dinner with a good friend and his wife.

But I'd like to go on record as saying that I believe Florida will win - despite no evidence that the Gators are actually capable of defeating LSU. Pretty much, I think desperation is Florida's only true advantage tonight.

Well, that, and blitzing freshman quarterback Jarrett Lee into complete and utter submission. Should the Tigers fall behind early, I don't think they have enough firepower to make up the difference. Therefore, the key for Florida is putting 8 or 9 defenders in the box and forcing Lee to make plays to win the game.

We'll see. If the Gators lose tonight, they're essentially out of the national title race.

UPDATE: Guess I was right. And how about those Cowboys? Those Oklahoma State Cowboys, that is.

No comments: