Thursday, October 9, 2008

Homecoming

If I seem a little incoherent today, it's probably because I'm still sluggish following a sleepless night and an early-morning flight to Houston.

It's good to be home. I'm here for a little more than a week, so I'll be hitting up all the barbecue and Mexican food joints, buying something "chopped and screwed" for old times' sake and making sure I have some Tony Chachere's to take back to Tampa. In between, there'll be some football, some sightseeing and some general idle time. And, of course, sporadic but regular blogging.

Thus far, I haven't had time to get out and assess all the damage wrought by Hurricane Ike but the Galveston coastline and the surrounding islands still look like wastelands - at least from the view I had flying into town this morning. To quote one of my former co-workers, the place is "a mess."

I'm hoping to check it out for myself this weekend. We'll see how things develop. Now, it's time for a nap. More later.

No comments: